Enjoying Bridgewater In A Gorgeous Screened-In-Porch.
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Services Performed: Screened-in-porch, doors, roofing, electrical
Project Timeline: 2 weeks
Get All The Details.
The Shank family always loved their existing screened-in-porch, but it was beginning to feel too small for the whole family. A good friend suggested Heartland Home Improvements expand the space and integrate eye-catching detail into the design. Here’s what we did:
- We Expanded The Space: The existing screen porch was between two decks. We extended the screen room into the right deck, removing the railing and decking boards and the wall between the two existing structures.
- We Leveled The Flooring: The two original decks were lower than the screen room, so we raised the flooring to provide a level surface for the larger screened-in-porch.
- We Installed New Doors: Our craftsmen expertly installed a French door to the house and an exterior door from the left deck to the screen room.
- We Made It Structurally Sound: There weren’t any support beams in the original screened-in-porch, so we integrated one into the roofing system to make the whole space more durable and longer lasting.
- We Upgraded The Look & Feel: The Shanks enjoy spending time on the screen porch so much that we added a wall-mount TV over the all-natural cedar siding that complements the rest of the home’s cedar siding.
Design-Build Means We Planned For Everything.
We encountered a few challenges throughout the project that our design-build process addressed quickly and efficiently. For example, we were able to match the existing roofing, but we had to adjust the roof’s pitch to accommodate a second-floor window. Building up the original decking floor to be level with the previous screened-in-porch was no easy feat, but it makes the space more accessible for friends and family. And the all-natural cedar siding provides consistency to the look and feel of the whole house while also creating a distinct and separate impression for the screen room.
A Bigger Space Made All The Difference.
The larger screened-in-porch allows the whole family to gather outside for meals, games, and even to watch their favorite shows. With the smell of fresh air and a warm breeze lingering, it quickly became their favorite place in the house.
High-Quality Materials That Last a Lifetime.
Here is a list of the products we integrated into this stunning screened-in-porch:
- Siding: Cedar Wood Lap Siding, painted to match the house
- Doors: 1 – PCA Screen Door: A-100 White, 1 French Style Entry Door (The one on the right)
- Ceiling: Vinyl Beaded Porch Ceiling in white
- Flooring: Tongue & Groove Vekadeck Deck Flooring in cayenne
- Railing: Vinyl Railing from Dutch Way, LLC
- Screen System: Screen-Eze Porch System & Super Screen
- Roofing: Constructed a new roofing system that tied into the existing roof. Also installed new shingles and gutters.
- Electrical: Installed two fans and outlets for this screened-in-porch